- Loss of independence
- Sensory overload (i.e. difficulties processing sensor input)
- Emotional volatility (including depression, anxiety, rage)
- Memory loss
- Short attention span/easily distracted
- Damaged sequential thinking
- Trouble with task initiatio
- Heightened awareness (including self-awareness)
- More in tune with environment
- More of an extrovert
- Improved ability to connect with people
- Increased ability to discover the passion and joy in life
- Heightened creativity
- An amazing journey
P.S. Through my brain injury, I discovered writing and rediscovered teaching. I am an author and much better teacher.
P.P.S. My gains far outweigh my losses. I wouldn’t want to repeat the experience, but I wouldn’t undo it. Through my journey, I have grown as a person and I like who I have become better than the old me.